Registration is open for NZ23!
Registration for the 2023 Net Zero Conference is now LIVE! Hosted by our Verdical Group team, this year’s event will take place on September 13 – 14, with the main conference returning to the Los Angeles Convention Center and shoulder events throughout the city.
Join us for zero carbon learning opportunities across all industries, exciting keynotes and networking opportunities, a free in-person Expo, and the Trailblazer Awards & Gala. We hope to see you there!
Early Bird pricing is available until June 30, 2023.
Our annual brand impact report is here!
Verdical Group’s Social & Environmental Impact Report is our way of checking in with you — we share our wins when it comes to our workers, environment, community, governance, and customer services, while also transparently outlining our challenges and goals for continuous improvement.
ECHELON STUDIOS at 5601 Santa Monica. All images courtesy of BARDAS Investment Group.
ECHELON at 1200 Cahuenga.
ECHELON at 1151 Las Palmas.
ECHELON at 717 Seaward.
ECHELON at 6344 Fountain.
ECHELON Sustainability Services
Verdical Group is working with House & Robertson Architects and BARDAS Investment Group to provide a variety of sustainability services, including WELL, LEED, and Commissioning across five projects:
- ECHELON STUDIOS at 5601 Santa Monica, which features five sound stages; two six-story creative office buildings; production support spaces; and a private bungalow office centered around an expansive courtyard.
- ECHELON at 1200 Cahuenga, a unique village environment that offers bungalows, a central courtyard, and production and post-production space, incorporating both new and existing structures.
- ECHELON at 1151 Las Palmas, a master-planned creative workspace that features folding glass walls and operable windows that circulate natural light, a bow truss roof, and terraces on each level.
- ECHELON at 717 Seaward, which features five levels of office space curated for high-class leading media and production companies. Several floor-to-ceiling windows allow for maximum sunlight to flow through the open office spaces.
- ECHELON at 6344 Fountain, an adaptive reuse project and the first cross-laminated timber and steel project in Hollywood. Designed for creative office tenants, the project includes an existing two-story building, as well as an adjacent four-story building with landscaped terraces on every floor and an exterior staircase overlooking the Hollywood Hills.
Image courtesy of BUCK.
This conceptually open but high-functioning workplace with communal areas for company-wide gatherings is located in Little Tokyo. The project areas include a lobby, a second level mezzanine, workspace on levels 4-6, and an occupied basement level.
To support the sustainability goals of the project, Verdical Group is providing LEED Project Management (ID+C v4 Targeting Gold Certification), Energy Modeling, Daylight Modeling, a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and LEED, WELL, and Ftiwel Feasibility Assessments.
mage courtesy of Hermosillo.
Verdical Group partnered with Construction-General Contractor Hermosillo to provide ESG Consulting services, working toward meeting the company’s corporate sustainability goals.
Our teams worked collaboratively to establish ESG initiatives and develop a roadmap for Hermosillo to discover clear metrics and goals. The final deliverable is Hermosillo’s ESG Report, which conveys to its customers and partners how they are working to achieve their social and environmental initiatives.
Sustainability in the AAPI Community
In celebration of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, members of our team shared sustainability practices ingrained into their cultural upbringing.
Facade Tectonics Institute Feature
Shula’s recent article on climate action, Stop F*cking Around – Build Our Zero Carbon Economy Now, was recently featured in the Facade Tectonics Institute’s monthly SKINS newlsetter.
Welcome to VG!
Director of Energy and Carbon
Sara is a building performance scientist advocating for design that is environmentally conscious but also adds value to human life. Sara’s specialties include Sustainable Design, Passive Design, Energy Simulation, Daylighting, CFD, Architecture, and LEED certification. She will lead our growing Energy and Carbon team.
Senior Account Manager – Event Sponsorships
Justine is responsible for building lasting relationships with clients, developing and implementing Net Zero Conference sponsorship strategy, and identifying high-impact opportunities. She joins Verdical Group from the Olympic sports industry where she managed partnerships and directed marketing for the US Olympic Sailing Team.
Ali will assist our clients with various sustainability pursuits, including LEED, Fitwel, Living Building Challenge, and other certifications. She has extensive experience in both general contracting and corporate ESG performance tracking. She is skilled in working to shift extractive industries toward regenerative practices.