Drew Shula is a social entrepreneur and environmentalist. He is Founder & CEO at Verdical Group, a nationally leading sustainability consulting firm specializing in: green building certifications, engineering services, strategy, and events. Verdical Group is a certified B Corporation and 1% for the Planet member company. In addition to managing super green LEED Platinum and Living Building Challenge projects, Verdical Group hosts the world's largest annual Net Zero Conference and the Trailblazer Awards.
Shula is one of just six individuals who have been honored as both a LEED Fellow and Living Future Hero. He frequently speaks on the building industry's impact on the climate crisis, and net zero and zero carbon building design, at high profile events such as: the Greenbuild International Conference, Metropolis Magazine DesignTV, Living Future unConference, Cornell University, and the AIA 1.5 Degrees Celsius Symposium on Climate Change. Drew sits on several Advisory Boards including: USGBC-LA where he is a past Board member, Woodbury University School of Architecture, Living Future LA Collaborative where he was a member of the Founding Steering Committee, and Environmental Charter High School. Drew has been featured or published in USA Today, Forbes, USGBC+ Magazine, and the International Living Future Institute's Trim Tab. He holds a 5-year professional degree in Architecture from the University of Notre Dame.
- Green Building Consulting
- Net Zero Design
- Project Management
- Sustainable Event Planning
- Business Management
- 2020: Virtual: GBES Town Hall Panel, also released on "Green Building Matters" Podcast (Apple Podcasts & Spotify)
- 2020: Virtual: UL Carbon Roundtable, Greenbuild Conference
- 2020: Virtual: Podcast Appearance on "Build for Impact" with Daniel Huard (Apple Podcasts & Spotify)
- 2020: Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Business Impact Symposium, "Beyond LEED Certification: Revisiting the Concept of Green Building" (completed as a virtual event due to COVID-19 pandemic)
- 2020: Agoura Hills, CA: the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, "Sustainability, Climate Change, and the Future"
- 2019: Los Angeles, CA: The American Institute of Architects Los Angeles Chapter, 2 Degrees Celsius Symposium on Climate Change, "Education + Advocacy Think Conversation"
- 2018 - 2019: Los Angeles, CA: The Robin Hood Gala, "The Homelessness Crisis in Los Angeles County," Opening Keynote and Host.
- 2018: Seattle, WA: The Living Future unConference, "JUST B: Cultivating an Authentic and Impactful Workplace"
- 2017: Los Angeles, CA: The University of Southern California, "LEED Materials"
- 2017: Los Angeles, CA: 1% for the Planet, "Using Business to Give Back to the Environment"
- 2016: Los Angeles, CA: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Social Innovation Week, "Future Cities"
- 2014 - 2020: Los Angeles, CA: Net Zero Conference, Opening Keynote and Trailblazer Awards Host.
- Forbes.com, "In The Quest For Net Zero, Lessons From A High Performance... Wigwam?" by Drew Shula, 2013.
- Como: La Modernita Della Tradizione / The Modernity Of Tradition. University of Notre Dame Graduate Program in Architecture, Rome Studies Program Publications, 2004.