Verdical Group’s Emily Hand, Diana Chen, and Drew Shula serve on the USGBC-LA Greening Committee, a subcommittee of the Greenbuild LA 2016 Host Committee, and helped organize a USGBC-LA contingent to participate in the Friends of the Los Angeles River (FoLAR), “Great Los Angeles River Cleanup: La Gran Limpieza,” on April 23, 2016. VG Founder, Drew Shula, serves as Co-Chair of the Committee along with fellow Co-Chair, Jed Donaldson, a Senior Designer at Steinberg Architects. The event gathered more than 150 community groups and 9,000 volunteers, who removed an estimated 70 tons of trash from fifteen sites along the LA River. What an impact! VG Project Manager, Emily Hand, who has taken on a leadership role within the Greening Committee said, “I’m proud to have helped orchestrate an event with such immediate and measurable impact on greening our own backyard in LA.” The entire Verdical Group team is looking forward to attending the Greenbuild Conference and Expo this October, as LA hosts our first Greenbuild ever. The conference will welcome 30,000+ attendees and $32 million in economic development to the city. Check out more photos from the LA River Cleanup here.
- Multiple ZNE Definitions: So Mysterious!
- The Fundamentals of Building Resilience
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part III: Green Building Certification
- SCE Interview on Climate Goals & Building a Sustainable Society at the Net Zero 2017 Conference
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part II: Architectural and Engineering Design Strategies