VG’s Drew Shula lead a portion of a tour around the Greenbuild LA host venue, the LA Convention Center, on October 5, 2016. Greenbuild, the largest green building conference in the world, brought 19,000 attendees and $32M in economic development to Los Angeles. The tour was titled, “Greenbuild Behind the Scenes: Sustainable Event Tour,” and included a walk through the back of house areas of the convention center where waste streams were sorted, organic food was prepared and food waste composted, and highlighted the event’s sustainable signage. Drew lead the portion of the tour that covered the Host Committee’s work to green local hotels and businesses near the LA Convention Center through the Greening Committee. Check out the Committee’s impact on the USGBC-LA webpage here.
- Multiple ZNE Definitions: So Mysterious!
- The Fundamentals of Building Resilience
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part III: Green Building Certification
- SCE Interview on Climate Goals & Building a Sustainable Society at the Net Zero 2017 Conference
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part II: Architectural and Engineering Design Strategies