Verdical Group Director of Sustainability, Holly Hill, served as a guest lecturer for Adjunct Professor Stacey Toguchi’s Loyola Marymount University (LMU) Civil Engineering class, “Construction Management and LEED.” Professor Toguchi works in a full time role at Pankow Builders as Assistant Project Manager. Holly had a great time with the class of mostly senior undergraduates and a few graduate students presenting a “Green Building Market Update” presentation that covered a wide range of topics including: Greenbuild LA; local market updates such as the City of Los Angeles Sustainability pLAn and the Santa Monica single family home ZNE ordinance; net zero energy; certification systems including LEED v4, Living Building Challenge, WELL and SITES; and the business case for green building.
- Multiple ZNE Definitions: So Mysterious!
- The Fundamentals of Building Resilience
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part III: Green Building Certification
- SCE Interview on Climate Goals & Building a Sustainable Society at the Net Zero 2017 Conference
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part II: Architectural and Engineering Design Strategies