A recent USGBC+ article features Verdical Group’s LEED Silver certified North Hills Wellness Center project that was completed with Pankow Builders. VG’s Founder & Principal, Drew Shula, was interviewed for the article that highlighted the team’s implementation of a LEED pilot credit for “Local Food Production.” Verdical Group assisted the team to design and install five 8’x10’ areas with orange mint, oregano, and lemon thyme in spaces that would have otherwise been non-edible landscaping. Since the Wellness Center offers education on obesity prevention and management of diabetes and nutrition, the use of fresh herbs from the garden makes sense to help drive the message home.
- Multiple ZNE Definitions: So Mysterious!
- The Fundamentals of Building Resilience
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part III: Green Building Certification
- SCE Interview on Climate Goals & Building a Sustainable Society at the Net Zero 2017 Conference
- The Perlita Passive House Journey Part II: Architectural and Engineering Design Strategies